Saturday 10 December 2011

Rant, rave and Misbehave: L'oreal Studio Secret Magic Perfecting Base.

Ladies and Gents, I bring you the L'oreal Studio Magic Perfecting Base.
No. I didn't create it or anything but to me this product is so wonderful it needs no introduction. It is like AMAZING. Like A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. In fact I almost said I was done with L'oreal after a string of bad luck with their products but I decided let me give them one last chance. I hit pan with it. And that is like a big deal for me because I never hit pan with any makeup product unless it falls down and all the product is gone or something to that effect so this gets 2 thumbs up from ME.



Description

Get the perfect skin texture, instantly and all day. The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimizes the look of pores and fine lines. Skin looks and feels smoothed and resurfaced. The result is a unified matte finish that's flawless. Suitable for all skin types. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. ( It does feel matte actually makes me feel like I just put baby powder all over my face lol.)

Packaging

The packaging is like its biggest FLAW. Jar packaging is never the best. It is not exactly the most sanitary to use because you have to put your finger it to use it. So if you are a MUA this might be an issue. If you are the Queen of Clumsy land like myself you might have issues with it being a glass jar. I never dropped mine which is a surprise but still if you know your hand slippery then you might have a problem.
The jar is SMALL.When you read on blogs that it is small you may think or people joking or that it might not be so bad. Um yeah it is. When the L'oreal sales person gave it to me I was like WTH. Where the rest of the jar gone. 

Product

It is a pink product. Some say mousse while others say foam. I say like a thick cream. Think cocoa butter texture but in pink form. Now it is so light pink that when it goes on your face it looks white when you put it on. Don't worry it blends into your skin. It feels so baby smooth. I don't know about hiding lines and acne scares but I do know it doesn't make them look rough and dark but it is still noticeable just not in your face  AH I have acne anymore. It makes your face feel like powder. Can look a bit ashy if you put too much on but it is still amazing. 
It definitely works as a primer as I find it difficult to take off my foundation now at night. Your face will get oily if you have oily skin but not as soon as you walk out the door. I think it works as great as my Milk of Magnesia. 

Price
This is where we will fall out. 80 dollars at Pennywise and I saw it selling at makeup counters in Trincity Mall but I sure it would be like 90 dollars there. 80 dollars for a jar the size of say a M.A.C paint pot or a gel liner. Ah I think not. I love it but I could put up 100 dollars more and get a M.A.C or a Smashbox that working much better and more in the container

The Look: Gives you a nice matte finish even under a dewey foundation.

I give it a Rave. Party Time yay. :)




Overall Rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment