Thursday 13 June 2013

Rant, Rave and Misbehave: Ruby Kisses No More Blemish Liquid Foundation


Hello Everyone!

Wow two foundation reviews for the week girlies and well my gents. We are on a roll. So I bought this foundation back in January. It was purchased at Wonderful World. This is the Fredrick Street branch. This was an impulsive purchase. I was on my way home. I was super tired after walking up and down looking for someone. So after that ordeal when I saw WW open I raced to the store.
Anyway y'll don't care. So I will jump into the review:

Description

According to company's website:


Our No More Blemish Liquid Foundation is enriched with 0.5% Salicylic Acid which offers healing and the confidence of coverage.  Fresh and natural wearing, this non-irritating and oil free foundation is designed to gently keep blemish-prone skin comfortable and balanced by minimizing excess sebum without drying out your skin. Natural antioxidants, such as green tea leaf extract and goji berry extract will help improve your skin, and then continue to safeguard your skin against future breakouts with acne fighting ingredient, salicylic acid.
Blemish free skin is possible!



Packaging:

This foundation comes in a standard tube like packaging with a blue cap. It reminds me of  a baby bottle. I don't know why. It also reminds me of a eye drop bottle. That is the perfect description of the packaging.  The plastic label comes off easily after multiple uses. It could be annoying for me as when it come to makeup I am a clean freak of nature. But for others it is simple as  just removing it.
When it comes to the function of this squeeze tube I think like any foundation once it contains enough foundation it is pretty simple to get the product out. Once you have used it for a few months it starts to be quite difficult to get the product out of the bottle. You really have to squeeze and put a lot of pressure to get some foundation . I realized by April that I no longer had sufficient product for it to be easy to obtain foundation which became really tedious as my other foundations were low in supply. That is the problem with using more than one foundation at the same time. When one finishes the others may be low as well. The foundation I reviewed previously is the only one I have left.

Product:

It has a thick consistency, however it isn't too thick. When you first place it on your hand or face you assume it is the typical light liquid foundation. Based on the consistency, you know it is medium coverage. It takes a while to blend into the skin. It isn't horrendously thick or anything but as someone who has only used either light foundations or full coverage foundations it was a shock. It does offer the coverage it promises. It can be built up to full coverage if needed without being too cakey. I actually love this foundation very much. Some days it may appear too pinky for my skin but most times I just love how it looks on my skin. That is just the thing about my skin. A foundation can be perfect shade today and the next day it appears too dark. Sometimes it could be oxidation of the product or it could be just the day your skin looks because I have had foundations look perfect today, next day it is too light. However, I loved it so much that I wasn't really willing to get a new foundation which is a shock for me as I love to purchase new foundations on the market. I have two shades in this foundation. Last year June, I purchased it in Cognac and it was too dark so it looked blotchy and didn't offer much coverage. I think because I didn't shake it up or something because the Cognac didn't apply this way when I tried it the other day when I got my ideal shade. 
My perfect shade is Caramel. (Apparently I am a Caramel in every foundation now. Only in foundations anyone would describe me as a Caramel girl. ROFL).

I think this is the first foundation I have had that was true to the company's description. It does have a semi matte finishes. It is not oily or grease. It is not drying or dead looking like many matte formulations tend to produce. It is your skin but enhanced. It will give you glowing skin.

I forgot to mention the foundation comes in 8 shades and appears to target those of African, Asian and Hispanic descent.

Here is a swatch of the foundation in Cognac on my left hand (Hence the mole lol):



 This shade was used as a contour shade.

Here is a swatch of the foundation in Caramel on my right hand:



This is my first application of the Caramel shade

Price:

It can be purchased at Wonderful World branches for $60. I purchased the darker shade at Trincity Mall and the Caramel Shade at the Fredrick Street branch.


Overall Rating:

A.






















2 comments:

  1. What are the ingredients of this product? Does it contain talc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately talc is only of the last ingredients on the list. You know these cheap products tend to have talc in them. It never really did anything to my skin unless I didn't wash my skin properly. So it wasn't any concern to me. lol.

    ReplyDelete