Wednesday 12 June 2013

Rant, Rave and Misbehave: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation


Hello everyone!

I am back with a foundation review. I was so excited to try out this foundation. Usually when people do reviews on a product and they are favorable, I always hype up the product in my mind and it is never as good as I anticipated. For me, foundations are like movies. The more people hype it up, the more I want to purchase the foundation.

So enough with the talking and lets get down to business






Description:

According to the company's website:

Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy. 

Packaging:

It comes in a glass jar with a black lid. In my personal opinion, it looks SO sleek and professional. I really love that aspect of the packaging. My issue with the packaging is what many have said in their reviews. The glass packaging while elegant looking makes it very heavy. When I carried it in my purse, I could feel the weight of it. I felt like I was toting something way heavier than a foundation. I keep my essential makeup products in a small little pouch. I can't see myself carrying this around. 
I would say that if you are going on vacation and you have a huge suitcase then it may be okay to carry with you. But if you are going to a friend's house or spending the weekend out, in MY opinion I don't see this as travel friendly at all.
Another issue that I have with the packaging is that like many glass products, it is more packaging thatn product. The bulkiness of the product you would think it contains more than it really does.
It comes with the standard 0.8 fluid ounces that most foundations contain.
Many came with a white cap that was sandwich between the black lid and the jar. However, I was not so lucky. 
The jar can make it quite difficult to see the foundation and compare it to other shades. I didn't really need to look much at other shades as I bought this in Pennywise so the consultants just gave me the shade that they thought would be best.
This product does not come with a tester. I wanted to purchase this for Christmas at the Tunapuna branch but they did not have testers. I purchased this one at their Arima branch which Surprise Surprise didn't have testers as well. Is that just normal for this product? I don't know. I would have to consult with my peers.

Product

Now for the product. It goes on very smooth and very creamy. When you place it on your face, it does feel like it would be super thick and disgusting. However, as soon as you blend it in, it gels with your skin. To me I have worn it many times and people don't realize I have on makeup. I wouldn't say it is full coverage at all. I would say it is a medium foundation that could be built up to full coverage. I think for it to be full coverage you would have to pat it on instead of blending it on. 
It has a butter like consistency when first applied to the skin. 
I love the look of the foundation on the skin. It needs to be applied with a good moisterizer or else the skin would look dry and unappealing.

Price
It was $72 at the Pennywise branch in Arima. I am pretty sure it is about $69 at Tunapuna and Trincity branches.


Overall Rating

A


 


 



3 comments:

  1. Would you say this foundation is good for persons with oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for people with oily skin. In fact I think it would be more suited to us. I wear it all day and the only time I get oily is if I go to some place super hot. And I think the areas it got oily was the places I put concealer that wasn't oil free. I don't know how it does it but your skin looks better the more you wear it. lol.

    ReplyDelete