Monday 2 January 2012

Rant, rave and Misbehave: Black Opal True Color Stick Foundation

Who knew a tube of anything besides toilet paper can be so wonderful. Yep. That is the Black Opal True Color Stick Foundation. 



Description


Sometimes you do have something to hide and this creme foundation housed in a portable stick, can make camouflaging problem areas on the face that much easier. This PABA-free, hypoallergenic formula protects skin from UV damage, won't clog pores and blends smoothly to give you the flawless face you've always wanted. Full coverage. For all skin types. Velvet finish.


Packaging


A black matte plastic tube that you roll it up in order to dispense the makeup.  The brand name and its shade is written at the base in white. There is a clear peep through window where you can see the product. My shade is Beautiful Bronze


Product


I expected it to be oily and greasy. I was really expecting to hate this product. That it would make my face look overly dewy. Almost like an oil slick. Like you could put an oil rig on my face. But it isn't. It feels like slipperly on your face like a stick should feel I guess but then when you start blending it gets to an almost powdery feel. I definitely agree with Black Opal it is like velvet. It  has that rich sheen to it but then gets to a powder. I was taken aback. I guess because in youtube videos it look so thick but it isn't. You don't need as much as the women put on. In fact I have lots of black marks on my skin yet I only put like two swipes on each side and I don't press hard and it covers perfectly so I don't get why the women in the videos with flawless skin feel the need to put more on. I guess for the camera but still maybe four swipes to get super full coverage but to me you don't need it.   It is taking me a while to get used to. I am used to liquid foundation. I used to be a cream kind of girl and hated liquid because I was used to cream. Now I am having the opposite problem. I love it though. It looks very natural on my skin.  Even when it gets oily it looks like you would after 4 hours. It doesn't look that bad. In fact with my liquid I always felt like when I got oily it would look like there was no trace of powder on my face. Like the product had sucked it up. With this I don't feel the need to even put a powder. It would be putting powder on with my Revlon Colorstay, I would feel like I opened a bag of powder and instead of putting it in the bowl it landed on my face. 
It does however have a problem with cake. It starts to get very cakey looking after 8 hrs and make you look  gross looking.


Price


Cheapest foundation I have bought in recent times. This foundation was 61.95 dollars at Pennywise Trincity Mall. After prior experiences I say this is very cheap to me. So I love the price. 


I will give it a Rave. Party Time.


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment