Sunday 28 September 2014

First time for everything: Bh Cosmetics itsjudytime palette review


Hello everyone.

I was super excited when I heard that Judy from itsjudytime on Youtube had teamed up with Bh cosmetics and they were releasing a neutral palette. Now, 2014 had been the year of the neutrals for me.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my bright colours, but I have been gravitating to more natural looks this year. I had to wait until any local Facebook sellers would be selling this palette. I stalked various Facebook pages waiting, when finally this past August, I saw it on Halener Rustique's Facebook page.

I have had this palette for a couple days now, so I feel like I can only give a first impression of the palette.


Packaging:
I am slightly disappointed by the size. While it didn't look like a large palette, it appeared much larger in videos.  Sorry for the awful picture. It was taken with my smartphone. 
It is a black cardboard plastic type material that is embossed with gold details. It looks quite sleek and sophisticated. It does rival the packaging of higher end palettes such as those by Too face cosmetics and Urban Decay cosmetics. Inside has a mirror which is nice for those who like to use the mirrors when travelling. Underneath the mirror it says "Natural is beautiful but makeup is glam". I believe that is a saying of Judy's. I don't know for certain.

Product
The palette comes with  twelve (12) eyeshadows, four (4) of which are matte while the rest range from shimmer and satin. 




As you can see they aren't exactly the most pigmented. The matte shades, specifically the lighter ones are not ethnic or women of color friendly at all. The second and fourth shades on the top row, don't even show up on my skin.  The bottom row swatches much better, many because those shades are shimmery and darker. The pigmentation on those are still quite poor.

Price

I purchase this from Halener Rustique a local Facebook seller for $110TT. You can purchase this on Bh cosmetics website for $20USD. They are having a sale where you can pick it up for $8.95USD.

http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/its-judy-time


Rating: C+


No comments:

Post a Comment