Friday 15 June 2012

Rant, Rave and Misbehave: Pro-eye base by Arlene Villarule

Before I even go into a review. Let me just say this. It does what everyone says it gonna do. I am glad I took so long to do this review because with my others I hurried to do reviews like a month after trying the product and eventually my thoughts changed. All of the products I said I hated I still do. All the ones I said I loved I still do. But certain components to the product I didn't realize until months later. 

So lets get started shall we:


Description:
They don't have a formal one. However from what I have heard it promises to brighten up your dull eyeshadows and bring life to them. It also will last you all day. You only need a little to do your two eyes (Unless you have a third eye then maybe you may need a little more). 



Packaging

Comes in an egg shaped clear packaging. It is very cute and you can pop this anywhere. In fact let me tell you it went missing for two weeks and your girl went CRAZY. I pulled out chair cushion to see if it stuck between the cushions. If you see your girl get a broom and trying to see if it fell to the back inside the chair itself. Who tell me go use the bathroom? Because there it was low and behold. Thank You Dr. Bladder. You never fail me. Anyway. It is very small and cute. My big issue with the packaging is opening it. Some days I can open it up in less than two seconds. Other days like today I kept tugging at the clasp to no avail. So there need to be some way to fix that problem or maybe I just WEAK. lol.


Product

It is a white base similar to NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.  As I said in the introduction. It does what I expected to do. I think it was built up so much that I wasn't disappointed with the product but I wasn't surprised.  It isn't super sticking and hard to blend as everyone says it is. It is very creamy. It feels to be like beeswax. It has a bit of a greasy feeling to it. Not uncomfortable greasy but more like unexpected because I was expecting SUPER glue the way people were talking. It has some stick to it don't get me wrong but I only feel that when I dip my finger into the product. When you start to blend it out most of the stickiness goes away. It does get into the creases of my eyes if I put too much product but that isn't the fault of the product. That would happen with even the most expensive products.
Now this baby may not be as sticky as everyone says to the touch, but when it comes to longevity, this thing don't move. I mean took a shower even up to today and my eyeshadow was still in place. (Yes I took a proper bath). I have placed this on my arm to test it out and washed dishes. It still remains. So when people say it LAST. This baby LAST. 
It does remind me of chalk when it is blended out but it is a white base so of course that is gonna happen. 
What I expected was a good product that would make my eyeshadows vibrant but because it is a a white base so I wouldn't feel necessary to use it everyday. Exactly that. While it works well with even neutral colors like brown or black, I don't need my brown or black eyeshadows to pop as I have pigmented ones already and my eyeshadows tend to not crease on me (I know I am so lucky). I use this mostly for dramatic colors and crazy looks. I would recommend this for makeup artiste who use BOLD colors like yellow (Only way yellow will show up in pictures is using this product). I think also because it is white you will spend a lot of time ensuring there isn't any white spaces left. This would be a bit time consuming.


Price

I got this from an Ambrosia Cosmetics rep from on Facebook. It cost $80TT and depending on the rep you will pay the respective delivery fee. I purchased this at a total of $95

You can purchase it from this rep

https://www.facebook.com/shirlan7

Add her on facebook. If not you can like Ambrosia Cosmetics page and they will give you the necessary ordering instructions.



I will give it a Rave.

A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment